FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 12, 2013
Contact: Nathan Carleton, [email protected]
Phone: (212) 554-3296
UANI Releases Comprehensive Report on President Rouhani's First 100 Days in Office
Record Shows that Rouhani has Failed to Make Substantive Change as President
New York, NY - Today, United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) marked Iranian President Hassan Rouhani's 101st day in office by releasing a comprehensive account of his record during his first 100 days.
UANI's research shows that Rouhani has not matched his charm offensive with substantive reform or change, as the regime's policies largely remain unchanged since Rouhani replaced former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
UANI's "First 100 Days" report shows that:
- Since Rouhani's inauguration, Iran has taken no substantive steps to slow, curb, or halt its nuclear program.
- Iran has continued to conduct widespread, brutal human rights violations since Rouhani's inauguration, including conducting over 200 executions, 18 of them publicly.
- Iran has continued to provide the Syrian regime with extensive military and economic support in order to keep President Bashar al-Assad in power.
UANI has also released the following reports:
- The "Rouhani 100 Days Accountability Tracker," which presents a visual and chronological timeline of the Rouhani administration's failure to match its words with actions when it comes to Iran's nuclear program, human rights, intervention in Syria, and relations with the United States.
- "Rouhani: The Ultimate Regime Insider," a biographical report on Rouhani's commitment to the Iranian regime's ideology and its nuclear program.
- Rouhani's "Regime Resume," documenting Rouhani's various positions as a loyal member of the Iranian regime.
- "Rouhani: In His Own Words," highlighting the incendiary and hostile remarks Rouhani has made regarding Iran's nuclear program, the United States, human rights, and other subjects.
- "Khamenei: In His Own Words," which documents the views of the most powerful official in Iran, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
Said UANI CEO, Ambassador Mark D. Wallace:
By any measure, President Rouhani's record during his first 100 days in office has failed to match his promising rhetoric. At the same time he has offered charismatic words, Iran has continued its nuclear program, its sponsorship of terror groups, and its brutal suppression of human rights.
We urge reasonable governments to ensure that any agreement regarding the Iranian nuclear program considers Iran's hostile track record of the last 34 years. Any agreement should ensure that Iran suspends nuclear enrichment for a period of years, as well as its work on the Arak heavy water reactor.
On this 101st day of Rouhani's Presidency, Iran must know that having failed to match its words with action during a serious and reasonable amount of time to do so, it will face more sanctions and economic pressure until it changes course. We call on Congress to immediately adopt the most robust Iran sanctions in history.
Click here to view UANI's Rouhani "First 100 Days" report.
Click here to view UANI's "Rouhani 100 Days Accountability Tracker."
Click here to view UANI's report, "Rouhani: The Ultimate Regime Insider."
Click here to view UANI's "Rouhani Regime Resume."
Click here to view UANI's report, "Rouhani: In His Own Words."
Click here to view UANI's report, "Khamenei: In His Own Words."