Iran Election 2017: In-depth Analysis of the Six Presidential Candidates
United Against Nuclear Iran is announcing a new, comprehensive overview of the 2017 Iranian presidential election, ahead of the country's scheduled election on May 19. The online resource provides in-depth analysis of each of the six final candidates, complete with a personal profile, details of ties to the supreme leader, and the electoral odds of winning.
Last week, Iran's Guardian Council announced the six finalists who will campaign for the country's presidency. While these elections are a significant process on a surface level, the country - and any elected president - remains under total and final control of the supreme leader. This also serves as an educational tool on Iran's election process.
- Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, UANI Chairman and Former U.S. Senator (CT)
- Ambassador Dennis Ross, UANI Co-Founder and Former Director for the Central Region on the National Security Council
- David Ibsen, UANI President
- Tamir Pardo, UANI Advisor and Former General Director of the Israeli Mossad
- Ambassador Giulio Terzi, UANI Advisor and Former Foreign Minister of Italy and Former Representative of Italy to the United Nations
- Radoslaw Sikorski, UANI Advisory Board Member and Former Foreign Minister of Poland
Media interested in speaking with UANI leadership please contact: [email protected].
UANI is an independent, not-for-profit, non-partisan, advocacy group founded in 2008 by Ambassador Mark D. Wallace, Ambassador Richard Holbrooke, former CIA Director Jim Woolsey and Middle East Expert Ambassador Dennis Ross, that seeks to heighten awareness of the danger the Iranian regime poses to the world.