UANI Leadership Welcomes Survivors
(WASHINGTON) – On November 4, 1979, Iranian students stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and seized more than 50 Americans. The 444 days they were held hostage continue to shape the U.S.-Iran relationship today, and served as the world’s introduction to a regime that continues to make hostage taking a keystone of its geopolitical strategy.
To mark the 40th anniversary of the Iran Hostage Crisis, United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) will host a lunch briefing to mark a date that shook the world, featuring the survivors.
WHEN: Monday, November 4, 2019 from 12:30pm – 2:10pm
WHERE: Capitol Hill, Russell Senate Office Building, Room 385, Washington, DC
- Hugh Dugan, Acting U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs
- Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, Chairman of UANI
- Barry Rosen, Iran Hostage Crisis Survivor and UANI Advisory Board Member
- Rocky Sickmann, Iran Hostage Crisis Survivor
- Kevin Hermening, Iran Hostage Crisis Survivor
Lunch will be provided.
To register for this free UANI event, please click here.
Media wishing to attend the UANI event should RSVP to [email protected].