- About Us
- Use the IBR
- Accounting Campaign
- Airports Campaign
- Austria Campaign
- Auto Campaign
- Cranes Campaign
- France Campaign
- GAO Campaign
- Germany Campaign
- IRGC Campaign
- Lebanon Banking Campaign
- Luxury Campaign
- Port Authority Campaign
- Rial Currency Printing Campaign
- Shipping Campaign
- SWIFT Campaign
- Switzerland Campaign
- Tech & Telecom Campaign
- Tunneling & Construction Campaign
- UN Campaign
- UNGA Campaign
Companies should be required to disclose any and all investments and business transactions in Iran and with Iranian entities. This can be accomplished via changes in the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) and similar regulatory counterparts. The moment companies are required to disclose their irresponsible business activities in Iran is the same moment companies will begin to end such Iran business for risk of reputational and financial harm.
UANI has previously proposed regulations and legislation for adoption by the SEC and U.S. Congress, respectively, which would require companies to fully disclose all Iran business to investors and the public—not just sanctionable business in Iran’s energy sector. Click here for UANI Disclosure Legislation
In July 2010, Congressman Ted Deutch (D-FL) incorporated UANI’s proposed regulations into the Iran Transparency and Accountability Act (ITAA), which would require companies to disclose such business. In February 2011, Congressmen Deutch and Burton (R-IN) and Senators Gillibrand (D-NY) and Kirk (R-IL) reintroduced the legislation as the Iran Transparency and Accountability Act of 2011 in the 112th Congress.
UANI Model Legislation
U.S. Federal Legislation
- Iran Threat Reduction and Syria Human Rights Act of 2012
(H.R. 1905 | Signed into law on August 10, 2012)
- Iran Transparency and Accountability Act of 2011
(H.R. 749, S. 366 | Introduced in Congress on February 16, 2011)
- Iran Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010
(H.R. 5833 | Introduced in Congress on July 22, 2010)
- "UANI Statement on New Iran Sanctions Now in Effect"
(February 6, 2013)
- "UANI Applauds U.S. Senate for Toughening Sanctions Against Iran on Eve of Baghdad Talks, Calls for Further Action"
(May 22, 2012)
- "UANI Applauds U.S. House of Representatives for Passing Increased Iran Sanctions"
(December 15, 2011)
- "UANI Applauds Introduction of the Iran Transparency and Accountability Act of 2011"
(February 16, 2011)
- "UANI Applauds Congressman Deutch for Introducing the Iran Transparency and Accountability Act"
(July 23, 2010)
- "UANI Applauds the SEC for Acknowledging Need for Companies to Disclose Iran Business"
(July 21, 2010)
- "UANI Calls on the SEC to Take Definitive Action to Require Companies to Disclose Their Iran Business"
(May 12, 2010)
- "UANI Applauds the SEC for Investigating Companies That Fail to Disclose Business with Iran"
(May 5, 2010)