- About Us
- Use the IBR
- Accounting Campaign
- Airports Campaign
- Auto Campaign
- Cranes Campaign
- GAO Campaign
- Germany Campaign
- Hotels Campaign
- IRGC Campaign
- Lebanon Banking Campaign
- Luxury Campaign
- Port Authority Campaign
- Rial Currency Printing Campaign
- Shipping Campaign
- Shipping Sanctions Fraud
- SWIFT Campaign
- Tech & Telecom Campaign
- Tunneling & Construction Campaign
- UN Campaign
United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) is a not-for-profit, non-partisan, advocacy group that seeks to prevent Iran from fulfilling its ambition to obtain nuclear weapons. UANI was founded in 2008 by Ambassador Mark D. Wallace, the late Ambassador Richard Holbrooke, former CIA Director Jim Woolsey and Middle East expert Dennis Ross. UANI’s private sanctions campaigns and state and Federal legislative initiatives focus on ending the economic and financial support of the Iranian regime by corporations at a time when the international community is attempting to compel Iran to abandon its illegal nuclear weapons program, support for terrorism and gross human rights violations.
The Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD), based in London, is an independent think tank that works closely with leaders in government, business, media and academia to develop multi-country responses to the major security and socio-economic challenges of our time and enhance Europe’s capacity to act effectively in the global arena. ISD’s activities seek to foster leadership and stability across Europe and its wider neighbourhood, actively bridging inter-communal, religious, socio-economic and political divides.
The UANI-ISD Initiative (UANI-ISD Initiative) is an unprecedented transatlantic partnership dedicated to combatting the threat of a nuclear-armed Iran. By partnering together, UANI and ISD combine the knowledge and experience of over 30 outstanding leaders from North America and Europe with significant expertise in the areas of foreign policy and nuclear nonproliferation. UANI and ISD’s combined expertise and capabilities will strengthen efforts to highlight the dangers of a nuclear-armed Iran throughout the U.S. and Europe. The partnership will also greatly expand and enhance efforts at European grassroots, legislative and regulatory activism. Click here for more information about the UANI-ISD leadership and advisory board.
The UANI-ISD Initiative works towards implementing the most robust sanctions regime against Iran in history as a means for conflict resolution. The UANI-ISD Initiative recognizes the international sanctions regime as an indispensable part of any international negotiation process. There is growing evidence that international sanctions are having a profound impact on Iran. Yet, more must be done to ensure that the global community imposes the most comprehensive sanctions against Iran in history. Now, more than ever, concerted efforts are necessary to compel Iran to change course and rebuild international confidence.
The UANI-ISD Initiative is focused on raising awareness of and countering Iranian nuclear proliferation, state sponsorship of terrorism and human rights abuses, in particular, by seeking to enhance and to bolster compliance with the international sanctions regime.
Aims of the UANI-ISD Initiative:
- Identify and advocate regulatory and legislative measures designed to implement a robust and comprehensive sanctions regime against Iran, as a means for conflict resolution;
- Implement country-by-country awareness and educational campaigns designed to compel key private sector business to end their work in Iran as a way of furthering the efficacy of UN, U.S. and European sanctions and encouraging the Iranian government to resolve its conflicts with the international community over its nuclear program. Increase the prominence of Iranian issues on government agendas and among the general public concerning the threat to international security posed by Iranian nuclear proliferation, state sponsorship of terrorism and human rights abuses;
- Raise public awareness across Europe of the danger and threat of a nuclear-armed Iran, a regional arms race and of the need to counter state sponsorship of terrorism and human rights abuses through the implementation of a focused media and communications strategy.
Ambassador Kristen Silverberg, former U.S. Ambassador to the European Union, serves as UANI President, overseeing its European operations. Dr August Hanning, former State Secretary in the Federal Interior Ministry of the Federal Republic of Germany in Berlin and former President of the Federal Intelligence Service (BND) of Germany, is the Senior Advisor to the UANI-ISD Initiative.