Error messageWarning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in Drupal\Core\Utility\LinkGenerator->generate() (line 147 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Utility/LinkGenerator.php).
Lovat, a manufacturer of tunnel boring machines (TBMs) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caterpillar acquired in April 2008. (AP, “Caterpillar acquires tunnel boring company,” 4/2/08)
Iran has been constructed tunnels to obscure and shield its nuclear program. (The New York Times, “Iran Shielding Its Nuclear Efforts in Maze of Tunnels,” 1/6/10)
Lovat’s business in Iran:
- On its full worldwide contacts list, Lovat lists Mr. Amir Kheradmand of the Tehran-based “Tunnel Boresh Machine” as its main Iran contact. (Company Website)
- Lovat’s website lists a completed drainage project in Tehran in its “Project section.” The project used a Lovat tunnel-boring machine. (Company Website)
- The December 2009 article World Tunnelling magazine lists two recently completed Lovat tunneling projects for surface water collection in Khayyam and Bahmanyar. Lovat used the same tunnel-boring machine for both projects. (World Tunnelling, “Iranian TBMs continue steady march,” 12/23/09)
Caterpillar has stated that it will prohibit all further sales into Iran.
- ·UANI Letter to Caterpillar: “Response to Caterpillar’s Decision to Stop Doing Business in Iran (March 1, 2010)
Release: “UANI Applauds Caterpillar's Commitment to End Sales into
- Caterpillar Letter to UANI: “Caterpillar Inc.’s Response United Against Nuclear Iran” (February 25, 2010)
Release: "UANI Announces Launch of Peoria Billboard Calling on
Caterpillar to End Business in Iran" (February 16, 2010)
- UANI Letter to Caterpillar: "Caterpillar and Updated Websites" (February 12, 2010)
Release: "UANI to Caterpillar: Removing Internet References to Business
in Iran Is Not the Same as Ending Business in Iran" (February 12, 2010)
- UANI Letter to Caterpillar: "Catepillar and Newly Designated IRGC-related Construction Entities" (February 11, 2010)
Release: "UANI Renews Call for Caterpillar to End Business in Iran;
Cites OFAC's Sanctioning of IRGC Controlled Construction Companies"
(February 11, 2010)
- UANI Letter to Caterpillar: "Caterpillar, SEC Disclosure and Tunneling Projects in Iran" (February 4, 2010)
- Press Release: "UANI calls on Caterpillar to explain its sale of tunneling equipment in Iran and to disclose its business in Iran" (February 4, 2010)